The Company is a marketing business which provides our clients with telemarketing services to its clients. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
We may collect your personal details, on behalf of our clients, from sources such as LinkedIn, news articles, case studies, your own websites along with other internet search results, alternatively we may have contacted your company and have been provided with your details. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing our clients with marketing services we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing our clients with marketing services. This includes for example, contacting you about products or services provided by our clients that we believe will be of interest and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Your consent
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
b. Legitimate interest
This is where the Company has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests, but not exclusively, is/are as follows:
- We believe that our services may be of interest
- We believe the services of our clients may be of interest
c. Recipient/s of data
The Company will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Clients who contractual engage our services
2. Overseas Transfers
The Company may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area ('EEA') for the purposes of providing our clients with marketing services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
3. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
4. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
There may be circumstances where the Company will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that the Company processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
5. Complaints or queries
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner's Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.